MIDLIFE YOGA CLASS--Go At Your Own Pace
Slowly come to standing.
- Stand on your tip toes and reach upward. Stretch and breathe.
With your arms up in the air, scrunch your fingers into a fist,
then spread them out wide and straight, three times. Come back down to standing on your feet, arms down.
Repeat 5 times or more.
- Rock back on your heels and balance.
- Do the hula; with your arms relaxed or to the side:
- Tilt your hips back and forth as in the Pelvic Tilt.
- Tilt side to side, bringing one hip up toward your rib cage while the other
drops toward the floor. Minimize your upper body movement; isolate the movement in your hips.
- Twist your hips parallel to the floor.
- Rotate your hips like a hula dancer, one way and then the other.
- Balance: Stand up straight, off your mat, next to something you can
hold onto if necessary. Hold one foot in your hand while reaching the other
hand upward. Balance on one foot for one minute. Repeat on other foot.
Please be careful. Let your body be the boss of your yoga. |
A good stretch should feel good--avoid anything that causes
When you feel comfortable in a pose, push yourself
a bit until you feel challenged.
These lessons are free. Use them cautiously and at your own risk.
You can do these yoga/pilates poses in any order you want, or just click on the "Next" link (above) to get the recommended sequence.
© copyright Pam Portugal Walatka, 2020 with Nancy Portugal Jamello.